Concentrate on Effort - Not the . . . . What?!

All my life - I was focused. Focused on the outcome. Except when I came out of college and my early years. I was focused on the effort - the activity - the work right in front of me.

Then I read a lot of books on goal setting. Visualizing. Working to make the outcome happen!

But I lost the message behind all the great books. That is, focus on the task. Aim at the goal. But work on and focus on the activity.

The activity. The work right in front of you. Know what you are trying to achieve. But don't lose sight on what you are doing in the present moment.

Yikes.

A message I am relearning.

My greatest fun was working on the activity. My greatest peace and excitement was being present and working on the work. That - as I look back - was my greatest advancement.

I am going back to basics. This is a Zen type of thing. The goal may change, but my work in the present moment will not. I may never get to my goal - it may change, my plan may fail, etc. But work - that is right in front of me - won't.

Derive happiness from the task. Focus on the effort - not the goal. If you focus on the goal, you lose the present moment and everything begins to become a means to the end.

8 comments:

Nifty Direct said...

you have mentioned very useful and profitable message message for us
Thanks
Trading Tips India

Unknown said...

Thank you for a awesome article.You have given me some ideas and a different way to to write articles rather than just plain text.

Thanks
Rocket CPA CPA Advertising Network
, CPA Affiliate Marketing

Vc Internet Media said...

Website Designing

Great Job. you have mentioned very useful and profitable message message for us . This blog is very very knowledgeble to all of us.
Thanks

Digital advertising company

vcommission said...

I am confident that by following your recommendations, I will not be
disappointed. I sincerely thank your efforts for making us knowledgeable people.
you have mentioned very useful and profitable message message for us .
Thanks

CPA Network Marketing

vcommission said...

I am confident that by following your recommendations, I will not be
disappointed. I sincerely thank your efforts for making us knowledgeable people.
you have mentioned very useful and profitable message message for us .
Thanks

CPA Network Marketing

SONU Goutam said...

I thing your wrote well as well as very great and very interesting and I got more detail because of your article.......

Thanks
SMO Company

Read Article : | SMO Company|

SONU Goutam said...

I visit your article every sector is very clear and great information..

Thanks

SMO Company

Read Article : | SMO Company|

Sherlyn Chouhan said...

What a stunning article. I have been going through your blog, and it looks fantastic.

Thanks
Affrise Media - Best Affiliate Network in India

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner